Why Pay and Prepare Your Taxes

Have a question ? Contact@LAPremierTax.com

Is it too late to file my taxes?

Generally, it’s never too late to file your taxes. Now here is the catch. If you are due a refund and you don’t file, you have three (3) years to do so. If you do not file within the 3 years period, you lose your refund.

Now, if you owe the IRS, it’s better to file. Why, because the IRS will access penalty and interest.

The IRS provide these situations where someone may not be required to file a tax return, but they may still be eligible for a refund:

  • Have federal income tax withheld

Excess tax withholdings are only returned in the form of a refund when you file a tax return. This can affect students and part-time workers where the tax withheld from your wages is at a rate that is too high.

  • Make estimated tax payments

Seniors and retirees who make estimated tax payments or have money withheld from their retirement fund and Social Security disbursements may also be eligible for a refund.

  • Qualify to claim and receive refundable tax credits

While most tax credits can be used to reduce the tax you owe, there are a few credits that allow you to receive money beyond what you owe. The most common examples of these refundable credits are the Earned Income Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit. Taxpayers often fail to take advantage of these refundable credits.

Taxpayers can get current and prior year tax forms and instructions on the IRS.gov Forms and Publications page.

Taxpayers who are missing Forms W-2, 1098, 1099 or 5498 should request copies from their employer, bank or other payer.

Taxpayers who are unable to get missing forms from their employer or other payer can access their tax records including transcripts of past tax returns, tax account information, wage and income statements, and verification of non-filing letters by:

Some taxpayers may be able to get free tax help from volunteers with preparing and filing their tax returns, including prior-year returns.

Again, in cases where a federal income tax return was not filed, the law provides most taxpayers with a three-year window of opportunity to claim a tax refund. If they do not file a tax return within three years, the money becomes the property of the U.S. Treasury.

IRS CP2100 and CP2100A

When banks, credit unions, businesses and other payers file information returns with data that doesn’t match IRS records, the IRS sends them a CP2100 or CP2100A notice. The notices tell payers that the information returns they submitted have a missing or incorrect Taxpayer Identification Number, name or both.

Each notice has a list of payees with the issues the IRS found. Payers need to compare the accounts on the notice with their account records and correct or update their records, if necessary. Payees may also need to correct their backup withholding on payments made to payees.

The IRS sends CP2100 and CP2100A notices twice a year in September and October and again in April.

Information returns that may have incorrect information
The IRS sends notices for errors most frequently found on these forms:

  • Form 1099-B, Proceeds from Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions
  • Form 1099-DIV, Dividends and Distributions
  • Form 1099-G, Certain Government Payments
  • Form 1099-INT, Interest Income
  • Form 1099-K, Payment Card and Third Party Network
  • Transactions
  • Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Information
  • Form 1099-NEC, Nonemployee Compensation
  • Form 1099-OID, Original Issue Discount
  • Form 1099-PATR, Taxable Distributions Received from Cooperatives
  • Form W-2G, Certain Gambling Winnings

Payments subject to backup withholding
CP2100 and CP2100A notices also tell payers that they may be required to backup withhold tax payments. If the payments are reported on the Form 1099 series and Form W-2G information returns, payments may be subject to backup withholding if:

  • The payee doesn’t:
    • Give their TIN to the payer in the required manner
    • Certify that they aren’t subject to backup withholding for underreporting interest and dividends
  • The IRS tells the payer:
    • The payee gave an incorrect TIN and didn’t certify their TIN as required
    • They must begin backup withholding because the payee didn’t report all their interest and dividends on their tax return

Payers are responsible for any amount they fail to backup withhold and the penalties that may apply.

More information
Publication 1281, Backup Withholding on Missing and Incorrect Name/TINs

Get Up to $6000 in Tax Refund Advance Loan

A Refund Advance is a loan against your Tax Refund. Like all loans programs, there are interest charges and fees.

Depending on the loan amount you want to borrow, you may or may not be charge interest. The lower the amount you want to borrow, the likelyhood you would not be charge interest expense. Zip. However, if you decide you want the $6,000 offering, there is an interest charge in addition to the bank fee which is usually around $30.

Tax Refund Loan
Compare Tax Refund Loan Options
LA PREMIER Tax (esp Financial)Up to $6,000
Jackson Hewitt Tax ServiceUp to $4,500
Turbo TaxUp to $4,000
HR BlockUp to $3,500

1 The Refund Advance is an optional tax-refund related loan provided by Pathward, N.A., Member FDIC (it is not the actual tax refund) at participating locations. The amount of the loan and applicable interest will be deducted from tax refunds and reduce the amount that is paid directly to the taxpayer. Fees for other optional products or product features may apply. Tax returns may be filed electronically without applying for this loan. Loans offered in amounts of $150 (where available), $500, $1,000, 25%, 50%, or 75% of your expected tax refund from $150 – $6,000. Loans in the amounts of $150, $500, and $1,000 have an Annual Percentage Rate (APR) of 0.00%. Loans in the amounts of 25%, 50% or 75% of your expected tax refund have an APR of 36.0% with a minimum loan of $1,250. For example, a $2,500 loan representing 50% of expected refund borrowed over 29 day term, total amount payable in a single payment is $2,571.51 including interest. Availability is subject to satisfaction of identity verification, eligibility criteria, and underwriting standards. 2 Certain Refund Advance Loans are available at no cost to taxpayers, however other options include a consumer fee.

Tax Tips for Gig Workers – Uber | Lyft | DoorDash |InstraCart | Airbnb

Prior to covid-19, the gig economy seems to be on steriods. The emergence of Amazon, Uber and Lyft, Airbnb, InstraCart, Grubhub, DoorDash were all new entries into the way we now live. More and more people tend to use gig work to supplement their income.

If you take up gig work on a part-time or full-time basis, often through a digital platform like an app or website. Gig work, such driving a car for booked rides, selling goods online, renting out property, or providing other on-demand work, is taxable and must be reported as income on the worker’s tax return.

Here are some things gig workers should know to stay on top of their tax responsibilities:

Gig work is taxable:

  • Earnings from gig economy work is taxable, regardless of whether an individual receives information returns. The reporting requirement for issuance of Form 1099-K changed for payments received in 2022 to totals exceeding $600, regardless of the total number of transactions. This means some gig workers will now receive an information return. This is true even if the work is full-time or part-time.
  • Gig workers may be required to make quarterly estimated tax payments.
  • If they are self-employed, gig workers must pay all their Social Security and Medicare taxes on their income from the gig activity

Proper worker classification:

While providing gig economy services, it is important that the taxpayer is correctly classified.

  • This means the business, or the platform, must determine whether the individual providing the services is an employee or independent contractor.
  • Taxpayers can use the worker classification page on IRS.gov to see how they should be classified.
  • Independent contractors may be able to deduct business expenses, depending on tax limits and rules. It is important for taxpayers to keep records of their business expenses.

Paying the right amount of taxes throughout the year:

  • An employer typically withholds income taxes from their employees’ pay to help cover income taxes their employees owe.
  • Gig economy workers who aren’t considered employees have two ways to cover their income taxes:
    • Submit a new Form W-4 to their employer to have more income taxes withheld from their paycheck if they have another job as an employee.
    • Make quarterly estimated tax payments to help pay their income taxes throughout the year, including self-employment tax.

The Gig Economy Tax Center on IRS.gov answers questions and helps gig economy taxpayers understand their tax responsibilities.

More information:
Publication 5369, Gig Economy and your taxes: things to know
Publication 1779, Independent Contractor or Employee
Is My Residential Rental Income Taxable and/or Are My Expenses Deductible?

Share this tip on social media — #IRSTaxTip: Here are some things gig economy workers should know about their tax responsibilities. http://go.usa.gov/xJ7KX

STIMULUS PAYMENTS – IRS Letters 6475 | 6331C or 5071 | 4883C or 6330C

The Economic Impact Payments (EIP) commonly refer to as Stimulus Payment is about to be phase out this tax season. If you have not received your stimulus payments, now is the time.

The IRS have been sending out letters to taxpayers who they believe did not get their stimulus money or may have gotten the first payment and never did get the second or third payment. The IRS is asking taxpayer to file a tax return.

Even if you think you did not get your stimulus payments, the IRS encourage you a file a tax return for 2020 and 2021 and claim the Recovery Rebate Credit (RRC).

Because of the many scams out there, the IRS are requesting taxpayers who filed for stimulus payments to verify that they are the one that filed the return. [IRS Letter 5071C or 6331C]

We at PREMIER Financial Tax & Accounting Services dba FRIENDLY Tax Services can help get you your STIMULUS MONEY. Contact us

IRS LETTER 6475 – The letter contains the total amount of the third Economic Impact Payment and any plus-up payments received. The letter should provide information to calculate the correct 2021 Recovery Rebate Credit (RRC) amount when you file your tax return for 2021. FAILURE TO USE THE CORRECT PAYMENT AMOUNT CREATE DELAYS IN PROCESSING YOUR REFUND.

IRS LETTER 5071C or 6331C – This letter simply says that you will need to verify your identity.

What You Need To Do Immediately

Go to our secure Identity Verification Service to verify your identity. It’s quick, secure, and available 24 hours a day.

  • You must register to the website before verifying your identity. Be sure to check the website and prepare all the documents needed to complete the registration.
  • Have a copy of the 5071C or 6331C letter you received and a copy of the tax return for the tax year shown in the letter.
  • If you did not file an income tax return, you can indicate that on the website.

If You Want to Call the IRS

If you prefer to talk to our representative, call the toll-free IRS Identity Verification telephone number in the 5071C or 6331C letter.

Note: Although the letters request a response within 30 days, the IRS will continue to work with you regardless of the amount of days that have passed.

Have ALL of the following available when you call:

  • The 5071C or 6331C letter;
  • The tax return referenced in the letter (the Form 1040 series return). Note: A Form W-2, Form 1099 is not a tax return;
  • A prior year’s income tax return, other than the year in the letter, if you filed one. Note: A Form W-2, Form 1099 is not a tax return; and
  • Supporting documents that you filed with each year’s tax return. (Form W-2, Form 1099, Schedule C or F, etc.).

Note: Authorized third parties may assist taxpayers, but the taxpayer must call us together and must participate on the call.

LETTER 4883C or 6330C – Call us so we can verify your identity and process your federal income tax return.

What You Need To Do Immediately

CALL US at the phone number in your letter with the information listed below. When you call, we’ll ask questions to verify your identity.

Note: Although the letters request a response within 30 days, the IRS will continue to work with you regardless of the amount of days that have passed.

Have ALL of the following available when you call:

  • The 4883C or 6330C letter;
  • The income tax return referenced in the letter (the Form 1040 series return). Note: A Form W-2 or Form 1099 is not a tax return;
  • A prior year income tax return, other than the year in the letter, if you filed one. Note: A Form W-2 or Form 1099 is not a tax return; and
  • Supporting documents that you filed with each year’s income tax return (Form W-2 or Form 1099, Schedules C or F, etc.).

NOTE: Authorized third parties may assist taxpayers, but the taxpayer must call us together and must participate on the call.

The toll-free IRS Identity Verification number is for identity verification only. No other tax-related information, including refund status, is available.

Friendly Tax Services

LA PREMIER Tax dba Friendly Tax Services is the premier income tax preparation firm for individuals, families, small business owners and the self-employed; Uber, Lyft, Taxi, and Limousine drivers; Actors, Independent Contractors and Entrepreneurs. We have empathy and understand the toll driving takes on Uber, Lyft, Taxi, and Truck drivers. That driving is time consuming. Uber drivers just don’t have the time it takes time to keep track of those business-related expenses.

Contact Us

  • Address :

    17547 Ventura Blvd., Ste 102 Encino, CA 91316 ___________________________________ Los Angeles County California
  • Call Us :

  • E-mail Us :

LA PREMIER Tax Service | We'll e-File Your Taxes