There are hundred of ways to file your tax returns. You can file with a CPA. You can have a Tax Accountant or have a Tax Preparer file your tax return. You could also file your taxes online (DO IT YOURSELF option) with a tax software vendor such Turbotax, TaxAct, H & R Block, TaxSlayer, Jackson Hewitt or even Liberty Tax. Then there is the FREE FILING options. Your options are humongous. Both H & R Block and Jackson Hewitt offer in-person store service. That’s all good.
Here is why you should file with us
We promise to diligently handle your tax return with CARE as if it is OURS.
We promise to Get You Maximum Refund Possible – To do this, we will fight to get you ever deductions and credits you deserve
100% Accurate Calculations – Our calculations are 100% accurate on your tax return, or we’ll pay any IRS penalties.
Optional: We may require a Zoom Meeting, Google Meets or a Microsoft Teams meeting to verify and complete your tax return.
Ok. So, you ask what a tax accountant is. The short answer, a Tax Accountant is someone who has been train in preparing income tax returns and is an Accountant. Thus, the term Tax Accountant refer to someone that specialize in the tax laws, rules, and regulations.
Ideally, a Tax Accountant training must include any of the following.
However, a Tax Accountant must know tax laws as well as General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Sixty percent (60%) of tax filing deals with tax laws and the other forty percent (40%) deals with accounting.
So then, a Tax Accounting is someone with adequate knowledge of tax laws as well as General Accepted Accounting Principles. These two qualities are not mutually exclusive.
Filing Uber Driver’s Taxes Is Not As Easy As You Think
As a Uber Driver, you are technically Self-Employed or an Independent Contractor. Under California Laws (AB5) known as the gig workers law, employers are to classify you as an employee. Nevertheless, if you received a 1099-K or 1099-MISC or a 1099-NEC, the IRS classify you as self-employed. Meaning you would have to prepare your tax return showing your business Income (1099) and Expenses (Schedule C).
So you say to yourself this is easy, right? Uber have provided me with a annual statement that tell me my monthly income, mileage drove, etc. etc. etc. This sounds good, right? Nope. The record keeping is incomplete.
Turbotax tells you it easy, sign up and do your taxes or get Expert help. That also sounds good, Right?
Nope. Here is why. You need to speak with the Tax Expert to guide him or her as to your expenses for the year. The Tax Expert will also need to sometimes see the physical copy of the document that make up the expense so as to categorize that expense.
At PREMIER Financial Tax & Accounting Services dba Friendly Tax Services, we can help you with this.
That is what we do. WE ARE EXPERTS.
According to Republic Bank, a Republic Bank Refund Transfer (RT) allows customers to pay for their tax preparation fees with their refund check from the IRS. A Refund Transfer Fee will be charged in addition to the tax preparation fees upon receipt of your income tax return from either the State or the IRS.
If the first disbursement check is not sufficient to cover tax preparation and republic bank fees, then the second disbursed check will also apply to the outstanding fee balance.
You will Need to provide us with the following: 1. A valid State Issue ID – or Driver’s License 2. Social Security Card or ITIN issued Number 3. Place of Residence or Where you Receive Your Mail 4. Zoom or Google Meet or a Video Chat if Necessary or whatever other video chat you used. _______________________________
If you didn’t get the full amount of the first or second payment you were eligible for, you may be eligible to claim the 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit and must file a 2020 tax return, even if you aren’t required to file.
Friendly Tax Services
Friendly Tax Services is the premier income tax preparation firm for individuals, families, small business owners and the self-employed; Uber, Lyft, Taxi, and Limousine drivers; Actors, Independent Contractors and Entrepreneurs. We have empathy and understand the toll driving takes on Uber, Lyft, Taxi, and Truck drivers. That driving is time consuming. Uber drivers just don’t have the time it takes time to keep track of those business-related expenses.