Golden State Stimulus
California authorized two stimulus payments to residents of the State in 2020. Golden State Stimulus I and Golden State Stimulus II.
To receive any of the Golden State Stimulus money, you will need to qualify.
Golden State Stimulus I Qualifications:
The Golden State Stimulus aims to:
- Support low-income Californians
- Help those facing a hardship due to COVID-19
For most Californians who qualify, you don’t need to do anything to receive the stimulus payment.
Golden State Stimulus II Qualifications:
- You Must have “Earned Income” in other words must have worked in 2020
- Your Income must be less than $75,000.
Income included in CA AGI | Generally, these are included in your CA AGI:
- Wages and Self-Employment income
- Interest (e.g. savings account)
- Rental income
- Pension/retirement income
- Gains on a sale of property
Visit Income types for a list of the common types of income.
Income excluded from CA AGI | Generally, these are not included in your CA AGI:
- Social Security – SSA-1099
- CalWorks and CalFresh benefits
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)/State Supplementary Payment (SSP) and Cash Assistance
- Program for Immigrants (CAPI)
- State Disability Insurance (SDI) and VA disability benefits
- Unemployment income